“Hello, good evening and welcome.” “Nice to see you, to see you …”
“I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I’m all out of bubblegum.”
Aye, that one will do.
This blog started out for a way for me to rant about things on my mind when the 140 character limit of Twitter just wasn’t enough.
Since then, it’s turned into a bit of a storage space for more technical musings. Encompassing programming, tool chains and computers in general.
A quick blurb about myself:
- My name is Iain Cuthbertson (not the Scottish actor).
- I’ve been programming and generally interested in how tech works since I was about 8 years old. Starting out with the BBC Micro Model B.
- These days I’m more interested in using computers as a means to an end:
- I’m a Zend certified engineer (PHP developer). Working with the wonderful people of Siftware.
- Ubuntu Linux is my choice of OS.
- You can sometimes find me on Freenode IRC in #ubuntu-uk as bigcalm.
- I try to escape into the world of photography now and then.
- You’ll find me ranting about anything and everything on twitter as @bigcalm.
- I like real ales 🙂